I never thought of eating an egg with avocado for breakfast. Looks good and simple to make!
Avocado Toast with Poached Egg
- 4 Slices of Sourdough Bread, or any kind of bread you prefer
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tbsp of Parsley
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper, To taste
- 1 Tbsp of Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- ) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- ) Spread ½ Tbsp of butter on one side of each piece of bread, pop them in the oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- ) Fill a deep skillet half way up with water.
- ) Bring the water to a simmer, add the vinegar, break each egg into a small bowl, slowly add each egg into the simmering water, let it cook for 1 minute exactly, turn the heat off, place a lid on the skillet and let them sit in the hot water for 5 minutes.
- ) While the eggs poach, add the avocado in a small bowl, mash it with the back of a fork, add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and stir it all together.
- ) Divide the avocado mixture between the two pieces of bread and smear it on really well.
- ) Take the egg out of the water, pat them dry on a paper towel, place each egg on the avocado toast, sprinkle a little salt and pepper and a tiny sprinkle of paprika.
- ) Serve immediately!