Awww too cute I want to make some now !!!
Jello Watermelon Slices
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (3-ounce/ 85g) package strawberry-flavored gelatin (or any red Jello)
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen and thawed strawberries (or any other fruit except for pineapple, apparently a chemical in the pineapple won't let the jello set properly)
- ½ cup cold water or vodka
- 5 limes, halved, pulp scooped out and discarded, and rind halves reserved
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or basil seeds.
- In a bowl, add the boiling water to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Transfer the gelatin to a blender. Add the strawberries and cold water and blend until liquefied.
- Refrigerate until thickened but not set. This took about an hour and a half for me. You want it thickened enough to that when you stir it the strawberry bits will stay suspended in the Jello and not sink to the bottom.
- Skim off any foam that has risen to the top of the gelatin mixture and stir to evenly distribute the strawberry puree. Spoon into the lime rind halves. Refrigerate until firm another hour or so.
- Carefully halve the gelatin-filled lime rinds again. Sprinkle with the seeds and serve.